A Small history of C Programming
C is a programming language and it is most popular for developing system software. Well, most of the operating system has been written in C language like UNIX, Window XP. C is NOT an OOPS(Object oriented programming) language. It is a middle-level language. C language developed at AT & T Bell Laboratories of the USA in 1972, designed and written by Dennis Ritchie.
Some Important features of C Programming Language
- − It is a structured oriented programming language that supports top-down programming technique.
- − It produces efficient programs.
- − C is simple and easy to learn and use.
- − C also provides the feature of pointers. We can use pointers in create memory, structures, functions, array etc.
- − C also provides the structure for the data structure that helps in Dynamic memory allocation.
Historical Development of C
|1960||ALGOL||International Committee||Too General Too Abstract|
|1963||CPL||Cambridge University||Hard To learn Difficult To implement|
|1967||BCPL||Martin Richards At Cambridge University||Could Deal With Only Specific Problems|
|1970||B||Ken Thomas At AT & T||Could Deal With Only Specific Problems|
|1972||C||Dennis Ritchie At AT & T||Lost General Of BCPL And B restored|
Language Full Forms
- − ALGOL Algorithimic Language
- − CPL Combined Programming Language
- − BCPL Basic Combined Programming Language
© 2016-2019, Codeverb.com - All Rights Reserved