A Small history of C Programming
C is a programming language and it is most popular for developing system software. Well, most of the operating system has been written in C language like UNIX, Window XP. C is NOT an OOPS(Object oriented programming) language. It is a middle-level language. C language developed at AT & T Bell Laboratories of the USA in 1972, designed and written by Dennis Ritchie.
Some Important features of C Programming Language
- − It is a structured oriented programming language that supports top-down programming technique.
- − It produces efficient programs.
- − C is simple and easy to learn and use.
- − C also provides the feature of pointers. We can use pointers in create memory, structures, functions, array etc.
- − C also provides the structure for the data structure that helps in Dynamic memory allocation.
Historical Development of C
|1960||ALGOL||International Committee||Too General Too Abstract|
|1963||CPL||Cambridge University||Hard To learn Difficult To implement|
|1967||BCPL||Martin Richards At Cambridge University||Could Deal With Only Specific Problems|
|1970||B||Ken Thomas At AT & T||Could Deal With Only Specific Problems|
|1972||C||Dennis Ritchie At AT & T||Lost General Of BCPL And B restored|
Language Full Forms
- − ALGOL Algorithimic Language
- − CPL Combined Programming Language
- − BCPL Basic Combined Programming Language
Codeverb is simply an all in one interactive learning portal, we regularly add new topics and keep improving the existing ones, if you have any suggestions, questions, bugs issue or any other queries you can simply reach us at from contact section or simply via this contact form.